Your Form 1099, 1042-S and W-2 Answer People
COKALA is an advisory services firm offering experienced and practical help for tax regulatory compliance
for Forms W-9, W-8, 1099, 1098, 5498, 945, 1042, 1042-S, and the interface with employee W-2 reporting
of certain reimbursements and fringes. We can support you a subscription for custom
question-and-answer service plus weekly federal news updates, or call us in for special projects.
Form 1099 & 1042-S/FATCA compliance training:
Scroll down for information about Cokala classes in 2020. These classes are presented online in real time
providing the same top level of course content, live Q&A and followup Q&A support as the live-in-person
onsite training Cokala has been providing since 2007.
We also offer custom training; phone 734-629-5155 or write email@example.com.
IRS Notice 2020-35 postpones to August 31, 2020, the due date for the following 2019 forms:
- Form 5498, IRA Contribution Information
- Form 5498-ESA, Coverdell ESA Contribution Information
- Form 5498-SA, HSA or Archer MSA or Medicare Advantage MSA Information
Registration form for 2020 classes
COKALA Tax Information
Reporting Solutions, LLC
Please contact us to learn how we can help you:
COKALA Tax Information Reporting Solutions, LLC
P.O. Box 2224
Ann Arbor MI 48106
734.629.5155 or 734-358-7875
FORM 1099 and 1042-S/FATCA compliance training classes in 2020
2-DAY ENHANCED TRAINING on Form 1042-S Reportable Payments and Tax Withholding
Updated for 2020 including recent final and proposed Regulations and amendments to income tax treaties. Covers
all of the topics taught in our 1-day basic 1042-S class for withholding-at-source and FATCA compliance, PLUS
additional training on income tax treaty benefits, reviewing W-8 series forms and Form 8233 for validity, and working
through real-life examples of payment situations and the related forms for beneficial owner status (or reliance on
presumption rules), federal income tax withholding and deposit, and preparation of Forms 1042-S and 1042.
- August 11 & 12, online, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. each day (Eastern time); morning, lunchtime, afternoon breaks
- October 20 & 21, online, 12 Noon – 6:30 p.m. each day (Eastern time); morning, lunchtime, afternoon breaks
1-DAY Form 1099 and W-9 Tax Compliance Training
Updated for 2020 for major changes in forms and instructions. Primary focus on the REVISED Form 1099-MISC and
NEW Form 1099-NEC; IRS Form W-9; federal backup withholding of 24% required on certain 1099 reportable
payments; Form 1099 statements for recipients; IRS filing of Forms 1099 and the withholding reconciliation Form
945; IRS CP2100 “B Notice” and 972-CG proposed penalty notice.
- September 15, online, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Eastern time); morning, lunchtime and afternoon breaks
- October 13, online, 12 Noon – 6:30 p.m. (Eastern time); morning, lunchtime and afternoon breaks
- November 23, online, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Eastern time); morning, lunchtime and afternoon breaks
- December 8, online, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Eastern time); morning, lunchtime and afternoon breaks
1-DAY BASIC Form 1042-S / FATCA / Forms W-8 Tax Compliance Training
Updated for 2020 including recent final and proposed Regulations. Basic tax compliance training for withholding U.
S. tax, and reporting on IRS Form 1042-S, for payments to foreign entities and foreign individuals, under regulations
for Internal Revenue Code chapter 3 (“withholding at source” on U.S-sourced income payments) and chapter 4
(“FATCA” requirements of the Foreign Accounts Tax Compliance Act).
- September 17, online, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Eastern time); morning, lunchtime and afternoon breaks
- November 10, online, 12 Noon – 6:30 p.m. (Eastern time); morning, lunchtime and afternoon breaks
NEXT YEAR: We'll plan to resume live-on-site, in-person training classes in 2021.
ABOUT 1099 training class
ABOUT 2-day 1042-S/FATCA training class
ABOUT 1042-S/FATCA training 1-day class