COKALA provides services for corporate accounts payable, academic and nonprofit institutions, insurance
companies, retirement plans, and banks
- Advisory services subscription for technical tax questions that arise in your daily operations regarding
compliance with tax withholding and reporting and documentation of payees - covers federal rules for
Forms W-9, W-8, 8233; Forms 1099, 1098, 5498, 1042-S; Forms 945, 1042; and related issues.
- Advisory services on tax issues, documentation and work eligibility for contracting with, or employing, foreign
individuals or foreign companies
- On-site consultation regarding compliance requirements for payee documentation on Forms W-9, W-8 and
8233; tax withholding and deposit; tax reporting on Forms 1099, 945, 1042-S and 1042
- Assistance with internal processing guidelines for regulatory compliance
- Tax compliance classes open to the public (see 2020 class schedule below)
- On-site custom training programs for Form 1099-W-9 and Form 1042-S/Forms W-8/FATCA compliance at
all levels of your organization
- Publications and bulletins to support compliance with regulatory requirements
Services from the
The Cokala group helps major U.S. companies and institutions avoid risk through effective
compliance with requirements for non-wage tax withholding, payee documentation, tax information
reporting, and related issues such as work eligibility and worker classification of employees and
independent contractors. The Cokala firm was founded in 2007.
|COKALA Tax Information Reporting Solutions, LLC
PO Box 2224, Ann Arbor MI 48106-2224
2020 SCHEDULE OF TAX COMPLIANCE CLASSES updated July 23, 2020
If you have questions about 2020 class registration, please call 734-358-7875 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register for online classes, download the fill-in 2020 CLASS REGISTRATION FORM
2-DAY ENHANCED TRAINING on Form 1042-S Reportable Payments and Tax Withholding
Updated for 2020 including recent final and proposed Regulations and amendments to income tax treaties.
Covers all of the topics taught in our 1-day basic 1042-S class for withholding-at-source and FATCA
compliance, PLUS additional training on income tax treaty benefits, reviewing W-8 series forms and Form 8233
for validity, and working through real-life examples of payment situations and the related forms for beneficial
owner status (or reliance on presumption rules), federal income tax withholding and deposit, and preparation
of Forms 1042-S and 1042.
- August 11 & 12, online, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Eastern time) each day; morning, lunchtime, afternoon breaks
- October 20 & 21, online, 12 Noon – 6:30 p.m. (Eastern time) each day; morning, lunchtime, afternoon breaks
1-DAY Form 1099 and W-9 Tax Compliance Training for 2020
Updated for 2020 for major changes in forms and instructions. Primary focus on the REVISED Form 1099-
MISC and NEW Form 1099-NEC; IRS Form W-9; federal backup withholding of 24% required on certain 1099
reportable payments; Form 1099 statements for recipients; IRS filing of Forms 1099 and the withholding
reconciliation Form 945; IRS CP2100 “B Notice” and 972-CG proposed penalty notice.
- September 15, online, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Eastern time); morning, lunchtime and afternoon breaks
- October 13, online, 12 Noon – 6:30 p.m. (Eastern time); morning, lunchtime and afternoon breaks
- November 23, online, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Eastern time); morning, lunchtime and afternoon breaks
- December 8, online, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Eastern time); morning, lunchtime and afternoon breaks
1-DAY Basic Form 1042-S / FATCA / Forms W-8 Tax Compliance Training for 2020
Updated for 2020 including recent final and proposed Regulations. Basic tax compliance training for
withholding U.S. tax, and reporting on IRS Form 1042-S, for payments to foreign entities and foreign
individuals, under regulations for Internal Revenue Code chapter 3 (“withholding at source” on U.S-sourced
income payments) and chapter 4 (“FATCA” requirements of the Foreign Accounts Tax Compliance Act).
- September 17, online, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Eastern time); morning, lunchtime and afternoon breaks
- November 10, online, 12 Noon – 6:30 p.m. (Eastern time); morning, lunchtime and afternoon breaks